April 21, 2009

Walking & packing

So this one will be short and without additional pictures because I'm hurrying to post it while Jake is out buying Ben & Jerry's for us to eat while we watch American Idol. Plus, I'm trying to make my entries shorter & more frequent (though failing on the more frequent front).

Nathan is finally, honestly & truly, walking! Everyone said once he could, he'd be all over the place, but he can & usually chooses not to, or will just walk short distances. But now I've seen it enough times (10ish for the past few days) to know his walking isn't a fluke, it's the real deal. Congratulations, Nate!!!!

Nathan & I had a fun & short trip home to Utah for Sara's wedding. We had a blast at her bridal shower & reception, and I'm still crying & reminded of how grateful I am for eternal marriage after attending her sealing. It was great to see grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousin Kale (sadly we didn't get to see Hunter & Garrett). Nathan loved the arcade--riding the rides with Kale & playing the alien version of whack-a-mole were his favorites. He also learned how to say grandpa--"Pa-pa."

Nathan loves blowing raspberries on our bellies right now. He says "Bubba," meaning belly button, and blows away. Sometimes he even tries to lift up my shirt at the grocery store or church to give me a friendly raspberry . . . we're working on curtailing that one.

Nate is still into ties, and has also recently developed an obsession with keys. I can't drive unless he has his own set with him in the carseat, and he loves to help unlock our front door. He's working (quite messily) on feeding himself with a spoon, and I love how proud he is of himself when the yogurt or cereal actually makes it to his mouth. He likes to pretend he is reading, especially Jake's or my books, or other grown-up materials like newspapers & instruction manuals. Nathan also loves our friend Lauren's dog, Izzie, and chases her around, trying to eat her dog food. (I do feed him, I promise, even though he is only in the 9th percentile for weight--21 lb 8 oz at his last appointment).

Jake is taking finals this week (his last time ever, hooray!!!!), and I'm packing like a mad woman. That's pretty much life right now. Jake just got back with the ice cream, so I'm out of here!

1 comment:

Josh and Jaime said...

Happy Mothers Day Nicole! I hope you had a wonderful day. You are such a beautiful Mommy!